Over the last few years, Western Australia has evolved as an education hub. The weather, the desirable environment makes it an educational destination for many international students. The professional year program is a unique opportunity offered to international students in here.
What is the professional year program?
The professional year program in Australia is a structured program that acts as a bridge between formal learning and workplace experience. The program is designed to assist students commence their careers in accounting, information technology, and engineering.
The professional year program focuses on hands-on training. The programs offer relevant practical training and workshops, professional internships, and networking opportunities for individuals. It is designed to help individuals build a career in their chosen discipline by applying technical skills and knowledge in the Australian workplace and culture.
The Australian Government recognises the following Professional Year Programs:
- Accounting:The Accounting Professional Year Program is approved by the Department of Home Affairs (DHS) and is available to overseas students with an Australian accounting degree with at least two years of study in Australia.
- Computer Science:The Computer Science Professional Year Program is approved by the Australian Computer Society (ACS). The program is for international students who hold an Australian Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Information Technology or Information and Communications Technology, resulting from a minimum of two years of study in Australia.
- Engineering:The Engineering Professional Year Program is a program that will help prepare individuals to work as engineers in Australia. The program offers individuals the opportunities to learn about the expectations of employers, build a network and chart a successful career plan.
About the professional year program:
The professional program is for a duration of 44 weeks. Individuals will be given 28 weeks of theory learning, either online and/or face-to-face, studying with experienced and highly qualified trainers one day a week. The professional year program will train individuals in business communication, workplace culture, and career skills that will enable them to obtain employment in the Australian workplace. In order to practically apply the knowledge, individuals will also engage in a 12-week internship in the field of their choice. Apart from this, individuals will also gain CV writing and interview skills.
Requirements for professional year program:
Individuals need to have the following to enrol for the professional year program:
- Have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Hold or applied for a temporary graduate visa
- Hold an eligible secondary visa with work and study rights
- Provide a valid skill assessment
- Have a minimum PTE-A (Pearson Test for English – Academic) score of 50 (As per 29 Oct 2021)
The Pearson Test for English – Academic (PTE – A) is a two-hour-long, computer-based English language test. It is aimed at non-native English speakers in Australia who are working towards obtaining permanent resident status in the country. Many universities globally recognize PTE Academic training’s score.
Students applying for the Professional Year program through Apeiro Training Services will benefit in the following ways:
- A hassle-free application process as Apeiro Training Services will assess all documents and paperwork of the individuals
- Free access to PTE Courses for one year (T&Cs apply)
Visit Apeiro Training Services to know more.