Are you an IT or Accounting graduate from an Australian university? Wondering how you can start your career in Australia? If your answers are yes, then the Professional Year might be what you need.
Performance Education (PE) is the largest national provider of the SMIPA (Accounting) and ACS (IT) Professional Year programs, and they have helped over 12,500 young professionals in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth in their career journey.
Upon completion of the Professional Year program, qualifying candidates may also be eligible to receive points towards their permanent residency under the Skilled Migration pathway.
About the Professional Year Program
The program runs for 44 weeks.
- You will begin with 28 weeks of face-to-face classes, studying one day a week with experienced, highly qualified trainers. You will receive training in business communication, workplace expectations and career skills that will prepare you to succeed in the Australian workplace.
- To help you apply your learnings and gain direct exposure to the workplace, you will take part in a 12 week internship placement in your field. Your Placement Consultant will carefully consider your individual training needs and career goals, and match you to the right placement with one of the 3,500 companies PE partners with.
- Finally, in Practical Applications workshops, you will consolidate your classroom studies and workplace experience so you are well prepared to embark on your career in Australia. PE is the only Professional Year provider to offer this.
Benefits of a Professional Year
PE students experience fantastic employment outcomes and excellent levels of satisfaction.
- 87% of PE graduates say their Professional Year qualification made a difference in getting a job
- 43% of PE graduates were offered employment by their host company
- 94% of PE graduates rated the quality of trainers ‘Outstanding’, ‘Very Good’ or ‘Good’
- 96% of PE graduates say they would recommend PE to a friend
What Students Say
“I really enjoyed classes and learnt interesting tips. During the placement I learnt how to work with colleagues and clients, and was offered a job after!” – Tianwu Lu, Accounting Professional Year
“I would 100% recommend the study of a Professional Year to build up your confidence, increase your professional language skills and give you experience in your own field through an internship. Performance Education are the best in the business!” – Pranay Shrestha, IT Professional Year
Find out more about the Performance Education Professional Year and read their students’ stories here.
Performance Education is approved by the ACS, CPA, CA ANZ and IPA to deliver the Professional Year programs.
Statistics are from an independent survey of PE PY graduates conducted by McCrindle Research 2016.